Walkin' With the Wild Woman

Come go for walk with the Wild Woman and see what you will find .....

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Sturgeon Stampede Here I Come!



I’m terribly busy this morning, and for a change I don’t have ducks and geese on my mind. This morning,  I am making lists, checking my cold weather gear, and growing more excited as the time grows near for my upcoming excursion to Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin for Women on Winnebago.


Thanks to recommendations from some fellow women outdoor writers like Carrie Zylka of The Wide World of Carrie Z, I was invited to participate in this exciting media event. Have a look at Carrie's recent post Surgeon Spearing aka Dinosaur Wrangling in Wisconsin  and you will quickly see why I am so excited!

 
  When I received my invitation from Carrie Stollenwerk of the Fond Du Lac Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, I couldn’t get my excited yes reply sent fast enough.  This will be such a wonderful opportunity to learn more about the great winter outdoor activities in my neighboring state of Wisconsin and to learn more about ice fishing and especially sturgeon spearing. As I reviewed the itinerary for our trip, the number of amazing story and photo opportunities during this invitation only event made my head swim.  (Note to self, buy more memory cards!) 

I’ve always been fascinated by the prehistoric dinosaur fish and a weekend of spearing sturgeon, ice fishing, and the opportunity to attend  the Sturgeon Stampede, an annual winter festival at Lake Winnebago is just the icing on the cake!  According to the Fond du Lac Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Sturgeon Stampede has been entertaining winter lake enthusiasts for over two decades. The party offers skating, broomball, ice bowling, ice sailing, sturg-o-rama, stupid human tricks and more! We provide food, drink, music & shelter along with bonfires, heat, etc. All proceeds go to the Winnebago Assoc. of Kiteboarders

For a cold weather cookie  like me, this is an exciting opportunity and I feel very blessed to be a part of such a group of outstanding women in the outdoor media!  

Dinosaur fish, get ready for your close up- I'll be seeing you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment