Walkin' With the Wild Woman

Come go for walk with the Wild Woman and see what you will find .....

Monday, January 21, 2013

River Rats, Refuge Refugees, and Marsh Mutts

It's okay if you call me a River Rat, a Refuge Refugee, or Marsh Mutt; I take no offense at those titles. Really - it's OKAY. I'm acutely aware that most of my days are spent wet, muddy, messy, smelly and this time of year cold.

What can I say? I love the mud and the muck, the boggy bottom ground, swampy sloughs, reedy marshes and flooded timber. Thankfully that yella dog that is joined at the hip with me is a muddy marsh mutt too. After all, if we didn't slog through the sloughs, roam the rivers, and wait in the willows, I would never get to see things  like this:














4 comments:

Gorgeous, Gretchen!
 
Beautiful pictures Gretchen!!!
 
Thank you friends! I love showing folks "what I see" out there!
 
Thanks for the great pics Gretchen!
 

Post a Comment