Walkin' With the Wild Woman

Come go for walk with the Wild Woman and see what you will find .....

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Ir's All About The Birds

I cringed in shame when I realized that it had been two solid months since I had taken the time to do a blog post. Literally felt my stomach flop over - because if there's one thing I have learned about blogging, it's that failing to post  is somewhat of a kiss of death to a blog.

I could list all my excuses, but what it boils down to is that I just have a hard time coming inside, sitting down, and working at a desk when the migrating waterfowl are here.

Up way before dawn so I can be in place in a oit or blind when the sun comes up and the birds make their morning lift off from the water - days that last until the last dying light when the birds return from feeding to settle in for the night.  Miles rack up on my tires running on the flyway highway, and my boot leather is burning from   wandering the fields, sloughs, rivers, and strip pits in search of more birds. 

Like every waterfowl season I am amassing embarrasingly large collections of images - as my friend once remarked - "Exactly how many snow goose pictures do you need?" Well, as many as the hard drives can hold I reckon.
Without further rambling - here are a few images from my travels -

Morning lift off with the snow geese
birds, birds, and more birds - leaving the water to feed in the pre dawn pink

Trumpeter Swans that winter in our neighborhood
Big fat banded Canada geese

and ducks.. of course ducks......


Later gators! I've got birds to chase this morning!

2 comments:

Bravo! Glad you are back... Gorgeous snow geese...
 
Ah, that's OK. We always know you'll come back with interesting photos!
 

Post a Comment