Walkin' With the Wild Woman

Come go for walk with the Wild Woman and see what you will find .....

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Just Throwing It All Out There

It's always a hard decision for me to make to write about the rough and unpleasant parts of living with MS - especially in relation to a blog that deals with the outdoors - walking and roaming the forests and fields, the woods and waters. But MS is a part of who I am- it effects how I address my time outdoors, it causes me to make the occasional modification to equipment and schedules.

I know that are many outdoor lovers who suffer with some type of chronic health issue, who have some type of disability that causes the same issues for them. So when I post about being an disabled - no make that enabled - outdoor person , I don't do it looking for pity or sympathy. I do it so that those who are fighting the same fights, fears, and struggle know they aren't alone. For all of those who understand that nature is our best medicine sometimes, and where there's a will there's a way.

To that end, I've added a new tab here at Walking With The Wild Woman - Meanderings With Multiple Sclerosis; most so that the hunt em up, catch the catfish, taste the trout crew who rally don't  want hear about me falling face down in the blue mud one more time, or the frustration of being unable to climb a tree stand, or draw back a heavy pull bow - well they don't have to.

Help me out dear readers, and please comment  me know if this seems a fair compromise?

2 comments:

Very fair!
 
Yes fair
 

Post a Comment