Walkin' With the Wild Woman

Come go for walk with the Wild Woman and see what you will find .....

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Soon...Very Soon....

I've been hearing them almost a week now, just before the sun breaks over the field behind the house in the mornings, hard on their way to a mine lake. In the everings - a little more subdued, but with same soft swoosh and heralding honks as in the mornings. 

 The reeds and grasses are turning - quickly losing the shiny green of summer and fading into the reds and creams and browns.They are getting scratchy and starting to crackle a bit. 

The dogs are working hard every day. Eyes watching the sky - they are antsy, and restless, and ready to swim. 




Soon, very soon, it will be time. 




3 comments:

well done love it!!!
 
Thanks much Sam! I think waterfowl season is my most favorite of them all :)
 
I don't even liked duck hunting but your pics make me want to go.
 

Post a Comment