Walkin' With the Wild Woman

Come go for walk with the Wild Woman and see what you will find .....

Monday, April 25, 2011

Welcome to Walkin' With the Wild Woman

During a recent Girls Gone Crappie excursion my friends, mentors, and editors Barbara Baird and Tammy Bellew from Women's Outdoor News pointed out to me during our evening chocolate, whine - er wine - and brainstorming session that while my photo website was good and spoke for it self, there was no feeling of who the woman behind the camera was. I had to admit they were dead on right. While I have my blog Through the Lens hosted at Heartland Outdoors, and regularly contribute to the Shoot to Thrill column at Women's Outdoor News, I often find myself wanting to post about things that don't exactly fit in either of those places.
I want to write about life with Multiple Sclerosis, what it's like to be the "Stunt Double" Mother to a Marine deployed in Afghanistan, what it's like to live with a chewing, terrorizing Labrador retriever puppy.
You know..the flotsam and jetsam of the life of wild woman or a woman of the wild or just a woman looking fifty square in the eye.
So thanks once again to the mentorship, friendship, and fellowship of co conspirators Tammy Bellew aka Camo Mom and Barb Baird AKA Babbs in the Woods
I find myself beginning a new blog. A blog that I hope will give my other readers and visitors a slice of what it's like to go walkin' with the wild woman.

1 comments:

You are welcome, Gretchen! Looking forward to keeping up with your adventures through your blog. You are such an inspiration in so many ways.
 

Post a Comment